Principal Investigator for Collaborative Research Projects
- Principal Investigator. "Analytics for Cybersecurity." Science of Security & Privacy Program, National Security Agency. US Department of Defense, 2018–
- Principal Investigator. "MIT/Harvard Project on Explorations in Cyber International Relations." Minerva Research Initiative. US Department of Defense, 2009–2014.
- Associate Director of MIT Technology Development Program for capacity building at Cairo University and other institutions in developing countries, 1975–1986.
- Research Program, CyberPolitics@MIT. 2018–
- Interactive Knowledge System, CyberWorld. 2016– (system update in progress).
- Co-Principal Investigator, A Multilayered Approach to Assessing the Vulnerability of Critical Infrastructure Against Cyber Attacks, MIT-MIST Program, 2014–2016.
- Founding Director, Global System for Sustainable Development. 1998–